"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

7.14.2010

Take me there

Today, for lack of better words, was lousy...sure there were good parts and yes I'm alive and well and that is wonderful... but ya know what? It was HOT. And I was tired, and drained and all I could think about was how badly I wanted to be on a beach somewhere... with a margarita in one hand and a good, cheesy, chick novel in the other... Sounds perfect right?

You know what I did today for like an hour? Instead of studying? I started figuring out how I could make enough money, by the time I graduate, to get me here...


Literally... for an hour... that is all I did.

Guess what...
I don't have enough.
And I'm not even sure I can make enough either.
Knowing well enough that money is not the only obstacle I would eventually have to conquer...I had to become satisfied with the fact that everything will work itself out somehow and at some point in my life, I will get there.

But a girl can dream right?

My grandfather told me once that you can do anything you can imagine, you just have to imagine it and really give it your all...believe that you can... and that there are plenty of people who will never do things, because they just won't ever imagine it.
So for example, there are people who would never dream of going to Australia for an extended period of time...so they never will.

But I can imagine it.
In fact the idea is flat out thrilling to me... so maybe I can give it my all and believe that I will make it there some day.

Sound dumb? Maybe my grandfather just loves me a lot and wants to tell me nice things?

Maybe.

But for now I'm going to go ahead and believe that I can be and do whatever I can imagine... because after all...
"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him." -1 Cor. 2:9

Here's to dreams making lousy days not so lousy...

1 comment: