Ever feel like your mind is going faster than you are?
All of the thinking, wondering, dreaming, worrying, questioning, believing... it can get exhausting.
I keep telling people that my semester is not busy, but my brain is... It just won't quit!
But I guess that is the way it is supposed to be at this time in my life.
Lots of questions and decisions, lots of unknown... lots of change... lots of new.
Tonight all I want to do is go back to this night in Carmel...
Drinking this glass of wine...looking out at that incredible view...talking to my grandpa about dreams and goals and chasing after them... they seemed more attainable that night, in that place...more dreamy.
Now the reality of everything is trying to push away the dreaminess of of my dreams.
But I keep reminding myself...
"I’m not trying to win the approval of people, but of God.
I keep telling people that my semester is not busy, but my brain is... It just won't quit!
But I guess that is the way it is supposed to be at this time in my life.
Lots of questions and decisions, lots of unknown... lots of change... lots of new.
Tonight all I want to do is go back to this night in Carmel...
Now the reality of everything is trying to push away the dreaminess of of my dreams.
But I keep reminding myself...
"I’m not trying to win the approval of people, but of God.
If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant."
Galatians 1:10
Maybe if I get Him back to the center of things, my brain will spin at a slower pace... and maybe my dreams won't seem so distant...the way dreams feel when you keep them hidden away.
I want them close by and extra dreamy... not tucked away in the back of my mind under all of the other "important" things.
Because after all, dreams should be dreamy and completely free of logic, right?
Galatians 1:10
Maybe if I get Him back to the center of things, my brain will spin at a slower pace... and maybe my dreams won't seem so distant...the way dreams feel when you keep them hidden away.
I want them close by and extra dreamy... not tucked away in the back of my mind under all of the other "important" things.
Because after all, dreams should be dreamy and completely free of logic, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment