This may be the most anticipated break of the entire year... even before Christmas break and spring break combined. I mean let's be honest with ourselves, getting from August to November is exhausting without a little relief in between! We desperately need the break, a couple of days to enjoy good food and family and friends... a couple of days to relax before the Christmas craze gets us into a frenzy... and for college kids... a little time to catch up before finals hit us like a fast moving train!
I have always loved Thanksgiving... I love the food and the colors and the way it feels outside... the crisp air and beautiful reds and yellows in the trees. I love the food and I love the family and I love that no matter how corny it sounds, and no matter how much you hate going around and saying what you are thankful for... in the back of your mind you can't escape thinking just that... all day, and maybe all week I catch myself thinking...
"I'm thankful for ___."
I'm thankful for the car that got me home safely this week...
I'm thankful for friends that remember details about my life...
I'm thankful for my mom waking me up in the morning (even if it does drive me crazy!)
I'm thankful for Diet Coke to get me through the assignments I have procrastinated completing ;)
But the one that keeps repeating itself in my brain today...
I'm thankful for a loving God that is so gracious and so patient with my anxious heart and mind...
Holiday season can be stressful and crazy and frantic and even lonely...for lots of different reasons. I'm trying to make sure that I don't let myself feel any of those things this year, and I hope you do the same.
Enjoy the break, enjoy the rest, and try to make it really count... we all have a lot to be thankful for, and if it's hard to see the blessings right now... just think, you have a heart and lungs keeping you going and God will take care of the rest... in His own time.
Give thanks for that promise.
PS: I'm also thankful for this blog... It is, if nothing else, another fun procrastination tool to keep me distracted :)
PPS: A&M did indeed BTHO Nebraska... and it was a game to remember!
I have always loved Thanksgiving... I love the food and the colors and the way it feels outside... the crisp air and beautiful reds and yellows in the trees. I love the food and I love the family and I love that no matter how corny it sounds, and no matter how much you hate going around and saying what you are thankful for... in the back of your mind you can't escape thinking just that... all day, and maybe all week I catch myself thinking...
"I'm thankful for ___."
I'm thankful for the car that got me home safely this week...
I'm thankful for friends that remember details about my life...
I'm thankful for my mom waking me up in the morning (even if it does drive me crazy!)
I'm thankful for Diet Coke to get me through the assignments I have procrastinated completing ;)
But the one that keeps repeating itself in my brain today...
I'm thankful for a loving God that is so gracious and so patient with my anxious heart and mind...
Holiday season can be stressful and crazy and frantic and even lonely...for lots of different reasons. I'm trying to make sure that I don't let myself feel any of those things this year, and I hope you do the same.
Enjoy the break, enjoy the rest, and try to make it really count... we all have a lot to be thankful for, and if it's hard to see the blessings right now... just think, you have a heart and lungs keeping you going and God will take care of the rest... in His own time.
Give thanks for that promise.
PS: I'm also thankful for this blog... It is, if nothing else, another fun procrastination tool to keep me distracted :)
PPS: A&M did indeed BTHO Nebraska... and it was a game to remember!
No comments:
Post a Comment