It seems like as soon as I hear myself complaining about the rainy, dreary day... I catch myself thinking about how wonderful it is.
Today has been a sleepy, rainy, grey day... the kind of day that makes you want to do nothing but stay snuggled in bed.
And well, for the most part, that is exactly what I have done... stayed snuggled in... listening to the rain clean the air and the earth...bringing rest to everything at the same time.
I ventured out, only once today, to find the perfect new journal to start off 2011...
I have always been an avid journal-er... it is my out-the way I get out anything I'm feeling, anything I'm worried about... any prayer, any celebration... you can go back years and years and read all of my silly thoughts and concerns (as embarrassing as so many of them may be)
But for whatever reason, the physical act of writing it all out is completely therapeutic.
Well this new year brought so much hope and desire to start fresh and revive my world in every way. 2011 is going to bring more change than I probably can even imagine and I know with full certainty that I will need to actively seek and hold tight to the love of my savior, allowing him to lead me and show me the paths I need to follow.
With so much change and so much new coming my way this year... even in these first two weeks... it is comforting to be able to sit and pour into His word all afternoon... to delight in the promise that He will always remain. He will always be there. He will always remain patient, forgiving, and loving... Nothing else in this life can compare.
So as the rain cleans the earth, let the words of our God cleanse our souls...
So thankful for the day, thankful for this life, and so thankful for Monday off ;)
xo, Katie
No comments:
Post a Comment