"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

1.31.2011

The Crazy Place


Confession #1- I'm writing my blog at school.
Confession #2- I don't get internet on my computer at school... therefore I am typing this off and on all day... only to post it at home... where I have internet.

Okay...now please forgive me-I am going to vent a little... because, well, I need to vent.

The last couple of days I have been catching myself getting closer and closer to the evil place... the anxious-overwhelmed-what am I doing?-I'm freaking out because I don't have time to breath-place... haven't quite gotten there yet, but I've gotten pretty dang close...

Here is the big question...

How do I find the time to go to school-be a good student teacher-learn all that I am supposed to from the experience-teach the children-be on time-not want to die at 2:00 everyday-AND-eat healthy-read more-be with my friends-find a job-figure out how the heck I get a job-think about my future-talk to my family on the phone-return emails-write lesson plans-SHOWER-do things just because it is my last semester of college-exercise-read my BIBLE-keep up with friends out of town-see people in town-do ANYthing.........when all I ever want to do is come home from school and go to sleep.....?

Anyone got a solution?

Yeah... see it's a scary place to be inching closer to isn't it??

I just keep reminding myself to breathe and to take everything one day at a time... because I can't do it all... I can't.
I never have been able to and I never will. So I have to stop trying.
It's easier said than done... I think I just get into these moods of "lets conquer the world all in one day"... but I always crash.
I can't conquer the world... not even my itty-bitty one.
God is way too big to conquer... and let's be real... he's in control of every single detail of my little bitty world.

Okay, I'm done venting... thank you.
Now with this short window of spare time, let me please give my friends and family credit for keeping me inches away from that crazy place.
They are the reason I have stayed calm.

For every text, every phone call, every lemonade, every late night conversation, every walking buddy, every spur of the moment change of plans to do something fun, every glass of wine, every "tell me what happened today", every everything... piece by piece it has all kept me sane and joyful.

So if you read my blog, you probably fall under one or more of those categories and I thank you... from the bottom of my heart.
I am going to love my job... but I am going to love it even more knowing that without a doubt, someone will always be there... like a brick wall... keeping me away from that crazy place.

Here's to that... I am incredibly blessed.

xo, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment