"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

8.02.2010

The Craziness of July

I can't believe it is already August! This past month literally flew by faster than I ever dreamed! The fourth of July seems like it was yesterday, but so much has happened that everything seems to have run together... the thing that made July so crazy and fun was all of the in and out flow of people visiting our lovely little home in this college town. The first and most important being the week long stay of my lovely little sister.
This picture was taken four years ago, but lets be real... not much has changed! I loved having her down here for the visit. We set up the air mattress in the corner of my room and she just hung out and camped here all week. While I went to class she would continue snoozing and once I got out we would find something to eat for lunch and find some kind of little adventure to spend the afternoon . I think we went to blue baker three different times and drove all around town at least twice, but it was a lot of fun. We made a trip to this great store in downtown Bryan and I put a face to a name to just about every place I could think of in town.
Always an adventure and never a dull moment with this little goober... from giggling ridiculously at random hours of the night and day, to hobby lobby trips, and lost sushi attempts at HEB, to being completely obnoxious and apparently not very amusing to the workers of Aggieland Outfitters... it was a really fun week, to say the least.
Sisters are great that way aren't they? My life would be incredibly dull without her in it... and I am still so glad we got to hang out just the two of us before the school year gets going again. Definitely a huge highlight of my summer.

That same week I was graced with the lovely presence of two of my roommates from last year!
Kristina was in town for many reasons and I'm sure saw more than her fair share of people throughout the couple of days she was here but we got several little moments to catch up and chat about life and those little moments are just fantastic to me.
At the end of the week Sarah Fallon came down to visit and we had a blast catching up and hitting up all of our favorite spots in town. We visited Spoons first.. duh. And later that evening we enjoyed a Pi Phi and tequila filled evening at La Bodega with margaritas and shakers for everyone... such a Friday night staple in the Station. Saturday we met up again for my first experience at JJ's for snow cones.... I don't know where I'd be without these two ladies and without all of the fun memories we have collected.

That same crazy weekend we all went down to Houston to see a friend's cousin play and it turned out to be a night to go down in the books forever! We had a little too much fun grilling out and danced to the country music all night... Summer ten my friends!
My weekends for the rest of this month somehow ended up with very little roommate loving but lots of hanging out with the boys... I found myself more nights than not this month going out with my best guy friends, solo. Crazy and ridiculous 90% of the time, but plenty of fun. The weekends were all filled with people in and out of town but that only meant lots of Sundays and Mondays filled with stories from the weekend :)
Last Thursday Kelly, our fourth roomie, finally joined us for a night to celebrate her 21st birthday! We went to, you guessed it... La Bodega and had a great Thursday night out!

With all of this happening, I have somehow also managed to squeeze in plenty of library time for the two classes I'm taking as well as too many speedy stop runs with friends...
(I even got a surprise visit from Hannah last week!)
Everything is definitely catching up with me though... this past Saturday I found myself incredibly content watching The Holiday at home alone... all of the visits and busy nights are wonderful, but some nights you just need a little quiet!

Can't wait to see what August brings... I am one incredibly blessed girl.

1 comment:

  1. all this la bodega talk... its official were going the first night im back FOR SURE

    ReplyDelete