"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

7.31.2010

a little cooking thing

After my final this past Thursday I was welcomed home to my lovely roommate cooking chicken and asparagus. She had cleverly added her own little touches to both items and it was so delicious we continued to talk about it even into the next day.
Later that same evening, I went over to a friend's house where they were baking banana nut bread...the entire process was filled with funny confused moments and scrambling around a college kitchen trying to find the right things to properly follow the instructions.
Anyways, by the end of the night I felt nothing but inspired to start cooking and coming up with my own recipes. With so much to learn about everything and so many dishes I would love to know how to cook, I got to thinking... what am I waiting for?
So I have come up with a plan (and I'm really excited about it!) I am going to a cook new meal once a week. Every week I am going to get a new recipe and cook away!
I am fully prepared for complete disasters and for clueless phone calls home to mom, but how am I ever going to learn if I don't start trying and experimenting!
Sooo the plan is, Sunday nights, Katie is in the kitchen!
Unfortunately, the next few Sunday's are not going to lend themselves to this plan... but my little kitchen creations are going to start happening the Sunday before the first week of school. In the mean time I am going to start looking around for recipes to start piling up :)
Can't wait to share my meals with you!

1 comment:

  1. You have inspired me to cook something once a week in AK. get excited!

    i miss you A LOT. we get to see each other soon. :)

    ReplyDelete