"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

9.29.2010

Dairy Queen


What is it about Dairy Queen that makes everyone instantly excited? It only takes one person to say "Let's go get a Blizzard!"... it's not even a question, more like a statement... because after all... who doesn't want a blizzard??
Is it because it doesn't happen very often?
Is it because we all went to Dairy Queen on road trips when we were kids... and it makes us feel like we are 5 years old and our parents are letting us eat ice cream again?... even people who didn't go to Dairy Queen when they were 5 want to understand, so badly, the joy that instantly happens when someone says, "Hey, we are getting Blizzards, right now!"
Whatever it is... it's fantastic.
After a day in my 8th grade classroom and days thinking about the next couple of years of my life... after feeling like I'll never catch up and I'll never finish any of the to-do lists that keep growing and expanding... A trip to Dairy Queen may have been the perfect thing to happen tonight.
Because none of that matters.
My to-do lists don't matter.
Worrying about my future doesn't matter.
But I sat with my friends on the way there and I laughed so hard it hurt... that is what matters.
I'll remember how hard I laughed tonight... and I'll remember Lauren coming in demanding we go get Blizzards... because those are the details worth remembering.
Isn't that fantastic?

2 comments: