"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

9.15.2010

Salmon, Salad, and Red Wine

So over a month ago I wrote about how I was going to start a new cooking trend and cook something new once a week. Well to be completely honest, cooking intimidates me more than I realized. Meat and fish scare me and I never feel like I know what things are supposed to look like when they are ready or not ready or anything... but I want so much to be able to whip up something delicious... something more than just pasta and eggs. I've got baking down... ask me for cupcakes or cookies and I will give you more than you expected. Dessert is nothing, but the meal... it just makes me so nervous.
Sunday I made my HEB run and I was distracted once again by the lady showing recipes and giving samples. She had salmon and steak... both were amazing. I started asking her questions and before I knew it I was collecting all the ingredients in my buggie and grabbing a bottle of wine to go with it... What have I gotten myself into? was all I could think.
I left the store energized to cook the salmon that night... thrilled to be doing something new.
Well the new didn't happen Sunday...or Monday... Tuesday I finally got it in me to start cooking... and I am still completely shocked by how EASY it was!!
So here is the recipe and some pictures to go along with the whole process... this seriously was so easy to make and completely delicious!

Baked Salmon with Chimichurri Cream Sauce
1 pound of salmon fillets
Adams Reserve Peppercorn and Garlic Sear-n-Crust Rub
1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup San Carlos Chimichurri sauce
1 tablespoon Adams Reserve House Rub
Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place salmon, skin side down on foil. Sprinkle Peppercorn and Garlic Rub over salmon. Bake in oven 8-10 minutes or until salmon flakes with a fork. Meanwhile, combine yogurt, chimichurri sauce and house rub in a small bowl. Remove salmon from oven and spread mixture over top of salmon. Serve with rice.



The sauce was no big deal, just put the ingredients in a bowl and mix away! The recipe called for way more than I needed though so I think next time I will just make a little... it goes a long way!

Just out of the oven!

I LOVE this wine. I think this is the third bottle I have bought and I just can't get enough of it--Italian Mia Ragazza, Chianti... There is also a white but I am partial to the red :)

Perfect meal, and I had perfect company from wonderful friends... Maybe cooking isn't so scary after all!

1 comment: