"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

1.03.2011

Stuff Gets Done

I have been home alone for almost 3 days, and let me tell you, I'm learning a lot about myself.
For one thing, I should really get a dog.
Turns out that coming home to a living-breathing thing is something I have taken for granted all these years and I need something alive to come home too. Although my bed and my DVD player are wonderful things... a puppy would be a lovely, temporary, roommate replacement.

But the biggest thing I have learned is that stuff really gets done when I am without roomies or family to distract me.
Now whether those things are actually productive... that is a different story. But hey, we are still only on day 3... I've got about 12 more to go...(sigh).
Aside from unpacking from the break and starting student teaching
(which I am sure I will go into more detail about soon) I have...

...read a lot of magazines. 8 to be exact... yeah. I even read two issues of Maria's Economist. I'm telling you, I've got a lot of quiet time...

...watched a lot of movies...I like having the TV on in the background when I am home alone. Even if I am not really watching, it just makes it less silent....
(I've watched You've Got Mail three times already...no shame.)

...uploaded ALL of my pictures from the fall semester to Snapfish.
I take A LOT of pictures...this was VERY productive.

...cleaned the whole house. Yes...It was already clean, but now it is super clean.
I even swept the front porch, organized the pantry, and fridge... seriously.
Yes... I did buy myself $5 yellow flowers... and yes they make me happy every time I see them :)

...made cookies and had a Bachelor Premiere watching party with a few of my fellow student teachers :) I absolutely loved this and can't wait for next Monday!

Did I mention I can't sleep? That could be part of the reason why all of these things have gotten done... but nonetheless... here I am starting my limbo-land semester of part teacher-part student. Trying to find some kind of balance between the two.
Sorry for the semi-lame post... my life is semi-lame at the moment. But I have no doubt that I will have plenty of stories to come from my adventures in 8th grade history.

tata for now!
xo
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment