"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

3.01.2011

Little Things

Lately I have been feeling like all creativity has been sucked out of me.
Every last bit of my energy is going to things that are not quite natural to me yet, and not necessarily fun either...thus requiring a lot energy and brain time.

Things like, figuring out how many assignments my students will get in the unit I am planning for them and how those grades will be weighted.
Things like, figuring out how to actually use the contacts I have to try and get a job.
Things like, trying to not get bogged down by fears of not finding a job.
Things like, wondering how fast March is going to go by because I feel like I missed February completely...
And the truth is... I'm not really stressed about those things.
I can't stop thinking about them and they have totally taken over my brain... But I'm not stressed. (I had my melt down--growth has occurred)
But when I go to my little "blog place"... (kind of the same thing as a "happy place")... I feel like I don't have anything to fill the place with.
What I have come to realize is I need to start looking at the small things again.
This entire blog is filled with "little things" that really matter or that don't matter at all.
In fact the whole purpose of this space... other than being the most enjoyable procrastination tool or something else to post my pictures to... is to force myself to slow down and appreciate the the details of life and the small things in my day-to-day that make this life so wonderful...the highs and the lows... the moments that keep me thinking for hours... the actions of my friends that make my whole week.
There is nothing really creative about any of those things... I just have to pay attention. I have to come up out of my "need to-want to-have to-find a job" fog with enough time to catch the sunset or see the purple flowers blooming or just sit in peace.
So things like finding this quote...

"AND ABOVE ALL, WATCH WITH GLITTERING EYES THE WHOLE WORLD AROUND YOU BECASE THE GREATEST SECRETS ARE ALWAYS HIDDEN IN THE MOST UNLIKELY PLACES" -ROALD DAHL


Seeing these little lovelies while walking and talking to my sweet friends on the phone...

My roommates helping me get through a very small spaces in my car...

And getting hysterically sweet notes from students who weren't even that bad...

I'm going to want to remember all of those little things. I am going to want to remember how hard I worked during this crazy time before graduation... but I'm not going to want to miss all the little stuff too.
So here's to slowing down a bit and being conscious of all the blog worthy things around me...creative or not...important or not... but little and blog worthy indeed!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment