"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

4.19.2011

Lately...

This update is just a little bit of lately... a little scattered, a little unorganized, a little random, and a little unproductive... which is actually a little like my life right now.
Scratch that-a lot like.
Life of an ex-student teacher is filled with a lot of nothing. Nothing but a whole lot of wonderful nothing. A whole lot of sleeping, laying out and enjoying the company of friends.

Last week I made a little trip home for my momma's birthday... and I can't help but show you the cute cake my dad got!

It was chocolate, chocolate chip with this amazing cream cheese icing... perfectly delicious.

We have also successfully crossed a few more things off of the bucket list including
Chilifest...
A lot of wind and dirt...a little Dierks Bentley... probably a little too much fun... But memories were definitely made!

Every time I look at this BucketList I can't help but feel glad that there really isn't a whole lot on it. I feel so confident that I have done everything I have wanted to do while being here.
Even though I am basically hanging out in College Station now... just waiting to walk across that stage... I feel so blessed to be able to look back and feel like my time hasn't been wasted. I have met incredible people. Made lasting friendships. Learned and grown more than I could have ever imagined. I truly feel like I have become a small part of the Aggie community while being here (as cheesy as that sounds).
And I have had so much fun.
More than anything else, the list is just an excuse to plan fun things with friends.
Something I am totally fine with.
Every now and then a sad feeling comes over me... like when all of my roommates piled in the car on Sunday to get Sonic drinks... our time for being able to do things like that is becoming shorter and shorter. It is going to be fine, and I am so excited about this next part of life... but I keep thinking that it's going to be the little things I miss... like piling in the car... all together... I can't help but think we have taken those little things for granted.
SO that just means that we have to keep making the most of our time now... crossing those little events down and making our time really count.

BucketList:
6th Street
Messina Hoff*
1st Friday in Bryan*
Hullaboloo Diner
BINGO
Fish Bowl
AggieBarn
The Republic*
Royal Wedding Party*
Picture with Reveille
A visit to Bonfire Memorial
BCA Formal
White Trash Friday
ChiliFest 2011
Karaoke
PC 09 Party*

Now I am going to leave you with my "Jam" of the week... It's not really a jam I guess but I think it is so sweet and I can't stop listening to it sooo... Enjoy :)


Every time I hear this song I will think about being in the car with Lindsay and Kenzie and screaming/singing "Are you gonna kiss me or not" only to have that boy in the car next to us turn around, look at us, and smile.... :) love love love

2 comments:

  1. ah i want to be back where you are so badly!! enjoy every little moment little one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100% with Jodi! ENJOY EVERY SECOND...because you can't ever go back. :) LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete