It is amazing to me how surreal it still feels.
There is something about that place that takes you from within and never lets go. You aren’t the same after coming and you can’t even help it. Somehow you are left feeling part of something greater… even if all you did was walk to class. I can’t even try to explain it… all I know is I had an exceptional experience and met truly exceptional people… and we will always be bonded with everything that is A&M.
I am going to miss a lot of things about college… I think some people miss the parties and the freedom… I’m going to miss walking through campus and hearing “Howdy”… the feeling I get when I hear the war hymn and when you walk into Kyle Field for the first home game… driving down Fairview and waving at friends walking or driving by… hearing the train go by in the middle of the night… or waking up early enough during the week to hear the band practicing…Silver Taps and Muster… that relieved feeling and the smile that always appears when I see Kyle Field from a distance… means I’m almost home. Staying up way too late talking about nothing to my best friends… or people I just met… Speedy stop runs and making friends with the people who work at the places I frequent most…being within walking distance from about 200 people I have known for 4 years…not worrying about when I’ll see someone because chances are I’ll see them tomorrow. The list could go on endlessly...
I am sitting in my new bed in my parent’s house… You’ve Got Mail is on in the background. I’m starting to wonder if I watch this movie more when I have a lot on my mind…if movies have the same affect that blankets and teddy bears have for little kids (or college graduates)—that comfort thing.
I went to Texas A&M.
I’m wondering when those words will sound more natural coming out of my mouth.
I will forever be thankful for the last four years and I will always look back with so much happiness and complete adoration for every detail.
My roommates and I opened our last bottle of wine, together in our house, on Monday night, and the toast was,
"Here's to the end of something really great, and the beginning of something even greater."
...Thanks for everything Aggieland.

No comments:
Post a Comment