"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

7.25.2011

A job and so much more...

A week ago...
I got a job.
(Insert: laughing and screaming and jumping up and down
and reliving the moment you first met Santa and got into college
and drove your very own car for the first time—all in one big Whoop!)

And not just any old job.
But a job that will probably (hopefully) end up putting me in my dream job situation.

And we aren't just talking about a regular old dream job... but the dream job you don't even believe could come true...even if you did everything you could.
But mine did. And I can hardly believe it...still.
(and no, I'm not the newest photographer at Architectural Digest)
I'm going to be teaching.
And I'm sort of over the moon about it :)

But I have to tell you the biggest thing I have learned from all of this.
Because as I accepted this job, I swallowed my foolishness all in one big, humble gulp.
Because once again... I worried... and worried and worried.
I lost sleep. I cried and freaked out. I told myself, repeatedly, that it would all work out.
But I never believed it.
I never actually believed that God would put all those pieces together.
And as excited as I was, I was also completely embarrassed.
Because not only had He placed everything together almost magically...
He did more than I ever imagined.

Shame on me.
That is what "they" always say too isn't it?
That it all falls into place...that it comes "when you least expect it"... and that it is better than you could have ever dreamed it up to be...Shame on me for not trusting.

So now, more than ever, I am trusting. I am not letting my worry and my silly head get the better of me. I want to always remember the way I feel right now and hold on to it as a grand example of what He can do.

So live and be in peace. Strive for that. Be still and content. Even when your whole self wants to reject it at every possible angle... Trust. Believe. Have that faith that we all talk about...but may not actually put into practice.
That is what I am going to be working on...

Tonight I ate fish and salad and drank red wine.
I watched the Bachelorette (shamelessly).
I let Randy Rogers sing to me as I got ready for bed...
And I am so completely content.
And I should have been this content before I got this job.
He's got me... and what else do I need?

xoxo

PS...Did I mention I have the most wonderful friends and family?
I don't know what I did... But it sure was right... and nothing goes unnoticed or unappreciated :)

1 comment:

  1. I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER FOR YOU!!!!!!!!! I love your honesty about not totally believing...it's hard to do these days when everyone around you is experiencing let downs, but God is faithful even when we have a hard time believing and it takes a wonderful person to recognize that and acknowledge Him! Thank you for the reminder! You are such a wise and wonderful TEACHER!! Love you little one!!!

    ReplyDelete