"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

6.03.2010

Rainy Day

It has been raining all day... it does that a lot here... some days it wears on me, but today it hasn't really. Even though I have spent the majority of the day cold and wet...soggy shoes and all... it has been a good rain...the kind of rain that really soaks into the earth and seems to clean the air and wash everything bad away with it. Everything always seems to slow down on days like this... people stay inside and it is almost as if everyone is motivated to do nothing but sit in a warm and comfortable place and be calm and peaceful...

I think you have to have a good rainy day every now and then, I think it is good for your soul. Sometimes being quiet is needed amongst all of the craziness that life brings... all of the running around, checklists, deadlines, appointments, errands... you can get lost in it all too easily.

My new house has a little screened in porch in the front, and I sat out there for a little while just watching the rain and reading my Bible... and I couldn't help but be amazed by everything God has created... and how something like a thunderstorm, something we seem to take for granted or more often see as an annoyance, is truly amazing, so intricate...detailed, and each different from the last. Every time I think of details like that I just find myself completely overwhelmed and in awe of our Creator.

I've decided that a good rainy day like this affects me the same way a beautiful sunny day does. Makes me feel alive in different ways... affects the way I act and think. Today the rain calmed me, brought me a peace I didn't know I needed. Hope it did for other people too...Sorry for the rambling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment