"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

7.06.2010

Happy 4th!

I'm hoping that everyone had a wonderful 4th of July weekend!
I had a nice, relaxing weekend at home with the family and loved every second of it! Lots and lots of hanging out time!
I always love the 4th... I love all of the flags that come out and everyone wearing their best red, white, and blue attire--and I love thinking about how many people are doing the same thing... cooking out, sitting by a pool, and watching fireworks...
Last night the fireworks kind of snuck up on us, we were out by the pool and didn't realize how late it had gotten... before we knew it we started hearing them go off, so we ran inside and out to our cars to head to my dad's office... for the last couple of years we have gone up to the top of the parking garage and from there you can see a show from a country club nearby... and then at least 5 or 6 in the distance, all around... it is a very cool thing to see...
I wonder how many different little shows happened last night... I guess I just think it is cool to think about how so many other people are doing the same thing right at that moment... taking a moment to stop and look at the sky. That's why I love fireworks... rarely do you think of anything else when you are watching them... so for just those few minutes... you get to just forget about the rest of the world. Just one of those rare moments... I hope everyone got to see at least a backyard firework show last night, if not a great big fancy one!


Have I ever mentioned the business I started a few years back? I sold these flower pots--painted them... they were my 'patriot pots' and my business was 'Katie's Kreations' :) as lame as it sounds... I made quite the profit that summer! ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment