
Tuesday was the day of the dreaded finance final. Never has a test given me so much stress and fear. But just like every other test... it ended. I took it, felt great about it and left Wehner forever--something I still feel a little bittersweet about...
Then it was off to Dallas and before I knew it I was pulling into my driveway!
The best part about Tuesday was I got a surprise drop-in visit from my sweet friend, Melissa! She had seen my dad outside and decided to stop in and say hi for a second...but that quick hello turned into a fantastic little conversation that ended up lasting almost an hour. We played the name game for quite a while and were thrilled with the mixing of worlds that had happened between our friends and different people we both knew and loved over the summer. We then got started talking about our old church and churches now and then got right into graduating from college and the fears that come with leaving friends and moving...getting into the real world of having a job and responsibilities...
But I think it is safe to say that we were both incredibly comforted as the conversation continued...maybe even a little more excited about what is to come. We were reminded that we were not going to be alone when we left school... that people like us were going to be around no matter where we ended up and our circles will undoubtedly mix. What a peaceful feeling that is... not to mention the realization that God always has had his plan figured out from the start...if only we realized and accepted this fact in the beginning...then we could skip over the whole "fear of the unknown" thing...
but then we would miss out on great enlightening conversations with old friends... just stopping by to say hi :)
Then it was off to Dallas and before I knew it I was pulling into my driveway!
The best part about Tuesday was I got a surprise drop-in visit from my sweet friend, Melissa! She had seen my dad outside and decided to stop in and say hi for a second...but that quick hello turned into a fantastic little conversation that ended up lasting almost an hour. We played the name game for quite a while and were thrilled with the mixing of worlds that had happened between our friends and different people we both knew and loved over the summer. We then got started talking about our old church and churches now and then got right into graduating from college and the fears that come with leaving friends and moving...getting into the real world of having a job and responsibilities...
But I think it is safe to say that we were both incredibly comforted as the conversation continued...maybe even a little more excited about what is to come. We were reminded that we were not going to be alone when we left school... that people like us were going to be around no matter where we ended up and our circles will undoubtedly mix. What a peaceful feeling that is... not to mention the realization that God always has had his plan figured out from the start...if only we realized and accepted this fact in the beginning...then we could skip over the whole "fear of the unknown" thing...
but then we would miss out on great enlightening conversations with old friends... just stopping by to say hi :)
No comments:
Post a Comment