"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

"Let love be your highest goal!" 1 Corinthians 14-1

10.19.2010

Halloween Dilemma

Halloween is my least favorite holiday.
I could go as far as saying I hate it... but strongly dislike just sounds nicer.
I could explain why I dislike Halloween so much but I am not up for the discussion... plus some people love Halloween! Some people love getting dressed up and throwing parties, going door to door for candy from strangers, and potentially getting scared by haunted houses or costumes or people jumping out from behind trees... Not me. Especially the dressing up part.

Throw a party...I'll be there! But tell me to dress up and there is a 95% chance I won't show up for that reason alone... and if that makes me lame... I'm not too broken up about it.
Sorry about it.

However, being in a sorority, themed parties and costumes are basically a requirement and I have had to deal with my lack of creativity in the costume department for three years now. Now for the 4th year in a row I am faced with the annual Halloween date party... and absolutely no ideas about what to wear!

If only I could be like this little nugget and have someone put me in lion costume and call it a night!

Yes it is quite the dilemma.
Not to worry.
We will figure something out and I will have a blast at the party--no doubt about that!
But all of the pre-party work is what I dislike the most... So for now any ideas would be greatly appreciated and welcomed to get me out of my Halloween funk and ready for the party, one week from tomorrow!


3 comments:

  1. hahaha this post made me laugh- especially the part where you said

    "and if that makes me lame... I'm not too broken up about it.
    Sorry about it."

    love u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I love costumes! Did you see this week's episode of Parenthood? There are TONS of costume ideas from that episode. J.R. and I love to dress up as play on words (silent night....one person is a mime and the other is a knight), so on and so forth.

    Sorry you don't like Halloween :( It's one of my favorite holidays because I love to decorate and come up with creative foods that look spooky or like spiders/pumpkins, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a little hurt by this post. I love Halloween. I LOVE DRESSING UP! I should have left my Indian costume for you to continue the tradition of someone rocking it at a date party!

    I did laugh out loud when reading this. I miss you katie haines.

    ReplyDelete