I must say... even though I have too much going on for my own good... I am pretty pleased with how I am handling all of this change and all of these thoughts of the future. There have been no tears, no anxious/sleepless nights, and I have been able to be productive but still enjoy my time left in this town.
Every now and then I claim a day to just play... A day to slow down and enjoy the little things in life that make me so happy... I needed a day like that this week and without meaning to I think I stretched it into 2 days...or 3 if you include Saturday :)
Thursday I began my afternoon of free time by going to Speedy stop with Sarah... shocking? Not one bit! We ended up going to watch ducks at this little pond that I didn't even know existed and it was soo great to sit outside and catch up with her!
Thursday I began my afternoon of free time by going to Speedy stop with Sarah... shocking? Not one bit! We ended up going to watch ducks at this little pond that I didn't even know existed and it was soo great to sit outside and catch up with her!
Friday was intended to be a productive day... but I woke up late and decided to nix that idea!
Jasons for lunch with the some lovely girls...
Mani/Pedi with Kenz--along with a stop at Chickfila for some diet lemonade, and an afternoon of reading, what could be better?
The greatness of the day continued on with a dinner for our friends hosted by my friend Lauren's sweet parents. I am so so blessed to have been included in these meals every year...each a little different, but each very special.
So why am I going on and on about my Thursday and Friday when it is Sunday afternoon?
I just keep thinking about how when I stop being "productive" and when I don't plan my days out... when I do what comes to my mind, when it comes to my mind, with the people I'm with at that time... I feel incredibly satisfied with life. I kept catching myself thinking about how happy I am here, in this place, right at this time and at the same time I felt closer to God... the pressure of everything leaving my mind is what I need to be more in touch with the things that really matter... and sometimes that feeling gets lost in my to-do lists...
I have to have days when I stop everything and enjoy life a little. Nothing I did on Friday was anything terribly exciting or extravagant, but I was at rest a little... at peace... It's like my Sunday came on Friday. It's called a day of rest for a reason... Sunday just never gets used as that for me unfortunately. But I think it coming on Friday is okay too... and honestly, it was probably more productive than what I had planned on doing Friday anyways :)
Here's to days like my Friday and hopes of having many many more in the future!
I just keep thinking about how when I stop being "productive" and when I don't plan my days out... when I do what comes to my mind, when it comes to my mind, with the people I'm with at that time... I feel incredibly satisfied with life. I kept catching myself thinking about how happy I am here, in this place, right at this time and at the same time I felt closer to God... the pressure of everything leaving my mind is what I need to be more in touch with the things that really matter... and sometimes that feeling gets lost in my to-do lists...
I have to have days when I stop everything and enjoy life a little. Nothing I did on Friday was anything terribly exciting or extravagant, but I was at rest a little... at peace... It's like my Sunday came on Friday. It's called a day of rest for a reason... Sunday just never gets used as that for me unfortunately. But I think it coming on Friday is okay too... and honestly, it was probably more productive than what I had planned on doing Friday anyways :)
Here's to days like my Friday and hopes of having many many more in the future!
yes yes yes!! totally agree.
ReplyDeletegood post!
and i CANNOT believe you hadn't seen ps i love you..such a good movie
Cute post! Don't forget to follow me girl! love you!
ReplyDelete