I love October.
All weekend I kept saying "I'm so glad it's October!"
Even last October I was saying the same thing.
I have been lacking in the blog department the last few weeks...
I blame it on three things:
1. The heat sucking the life out of me
2. work keeping me on my feet and on the move and thus exhausted
3. and my need for sleep trumping just about every optional thing.
But I have missed it.
This little bit of nonsense has always been about the little things... the crushed ice and yellow flowers of my day-to-day and I have had a LOT of crushed ice and yellow flowers these days that deserve preservation.
This weekend alone... filled with wonderful things
.seeing old high school friends unexpectedly
.hearing about friends who are loving life and work and marriage...celebrating success and learning from failures
.eating good food and drinks with great friends/old roomies
.listening to fantastic sermons about love and relationships that hit me in so many ways
Fantastic weekend.
And today... Monday as it is... has been lovely.
.I thought dozens of times... "I love my job" as hard as some parts of my day were.
.I got a Diet Coke and a cookie with a dear friend, who is also teaching, and sat outside and chatted with her for the better part of two hours.
.and I went on a long run/walk outside
.my sweet dog greeted me when I came home, squinty eyes and all
.and my mom's pumpkins are filling the house.
I love October.
Here's to a new month and a fresh desire to put emphasis on all the crushed ice and yellow flowers in life!
I saw this idea of using the pumpkin as a flower vase in Southern Living this month!!! I love this version!
ReplyDelete